- Preparation time: 2hr 30mins
- Cooking time: : 30 mins
- Serves : 2
- 400 ml yoghurt
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 10 slices of white bread with the brown edges cut off
- Salt to taste
- International Sunny Fortified Oil for deep frying
- Pour the Yoghurt in a muslin. Tie the edges of the cloth and hang it over the kitchen sink for at least 2 hrs. The resultant Yoghurt should be thick.
- Transfer the Yoghurt to a large mixing bowl and stir in the remaining filling ingredients.
- Dip the bread slices one by one in water for about 2 seconds and squeeze out the water by pressing in between the palm of your hands.
- Take a tablespoon of the yoghurt mixture and place in the middle of the damp bread slice. Roll the bread length-wise by bringing the edges together and taking care the filling remains tight in the center. Seal the edges by pinching the bread together. Squeeze the ends little tight giving it a triangular shape.
- Repeat the above procedure for the remaining bread slices.
- Heat the International Sunny Fortified Oil in a deep frying pan on high heat. After a while, reduce the heat to medium.
- Place a few filled bread rolls into the hot oil and fry it until it turns golden brown. Strain them out of the oil and cut the rolls into halves.
- Serve hot with chutney.
- Put the sealed edges facing down in the oil while deep frying and make sure the seal is tight. If oil enters the Yoghurt, it will soak the oil and spoil the taste.