Bharli Vangi (Stuffed Eggplants)
- Preparation time: 20-30 mins
- Cooking time: : 30 mins
- Serves : 4
- 8 small Eggplants
- 4 tbsp of Sunny Sun Lite Oil
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped Coriander leaves
- 2-3 tbsp grated Coconut
- 2 tbsp roasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp roasted and crushed Peanuts
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Fennel Powder
- 250ml Water
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
- ½ tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 finely chopped Green Chillies
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- ½ pinch Asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt as per taste
- Individually dry roast the cumin seeds, desiccated coconut, sesame seeds separately with garlic.
- Now take all these roasted ingredients cumin seeds, desiccated coconut, sesame seeds, garlic and add roasted peanuts, and fennel seeds. Put these ingredients in a blender and blend them coarsely.
- Transfer this paste in a separate bowl and add coriander powder, ginger paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder and finely chopped green chillies.
- Also add garam masala and salt. Give this paste a good mix.
- Separately, quarter slit eggplant tops, without dissecting the stem leaving the vegetable intact. Fill these eggplants with generous amount of the paste we made earlier.
- Heat Sunny Sun Lite oil in a Pan/ wok. Now add cumin seeds and asafoetida and let them crackle.
- Now add stuffed eggplants to it and and fry them side by side letting them cook for 2-3minutes.
- Add balance masala on top.
- Cover it and cook on slow flame for 10 – 20 minutes stirring regularly, frying evenly on all sides.
- Add water and cook for 7-8 minutes until oil floats on top
- Your piping hot Bharli Vangani is ready to be served.